This week on The Data Stack Show, Reza Shafii, vice president of products at Kong Inc. discusses open source projects and products with Kostas and Eric. Kong is a cloud connectivity company best known for being the creator and primary supporter of Kong, the most widely adopted open-source micro service API gateway.
Highlights from this week’s episode include:
- Being a self-proclaimed middleware geek (2:17)
- Middleware explained (5:41)
- Kong as a company, open source project and a brand (10:44)
- Drawing the lines between the open source and property parts of a SaaS platform (24:22)
- Dealing with the extra friction in adopting middleware from the bottom up (33:02)
The Data Stack Show is a weekly podcast powered by RudderStack. Each week we’ll talk to data engineers, analysts, and data scientists about their experience around building and maintaining data infrastructure, delivering data and data products, and driving better outcomes across their businesses with data.
RudderStack helps businesses make the most out of their customer data while ensuring data privacy and security. To learn more about RudderStack visit rudderstack.com.