On this week’s episode of The Data Stack Show, Eric is joined by Duc Haba, an AI researcher and enterprise mobility solution architect consultant who most recently did AI consulting work with Cognizant. Their discussion revolves around demystifying artificial intelligence and why so many people either fear AI or place too much trust in it. Duc talks about some of the AI projects he has worked on, some successes and some failures, and points to how the data biases that humans bring into the models can radically alter the outcome of those endeavors.
Highlights from this week’s episode include:
- Duc’s background with AI and getting to work with LeVar Burton (1:44)
- Demystifying AI and coming up with a definition for it (3:34)
- Misplaced fears of AI (7:53)
- Misplaced trust in AI (10:36)
- Public versus hidden AI (13:58)
- Acquiring the data needed for to train AI models (23:11)
- Examples of interesting AI projects Duc has worked on (27:58)
- Where to go to learn more about AI (35:06)
- Thinking of AI as something that can help your business do something better with what it’s already been doing (39:53)
- Anticipating the near-future of AI (44:16)
The Data Stack Show is a weekly podcast powered by RudderStack. Each week we’ll talk to data engineers, analysts, and data scientists about their experience around building and maintaining data infrastructure, delivering data and data products, and driving better outcomes across their businesses with data.
RudderStack helps businesses make the most out of their customer data while ensuring data privacy and security. To learn more about RudderStack visit rudderstack.com.